Thursday, January 3, 2013

Heavy

   Ok, I'll say it. It STINKS that "home" is changing! I am MORE THAN excited for my parents to be following the will of God and moving to Washington! I really am! Buuuut, I already miss home (CA), A LOT. Knowing that they won't be there anymore makes this girl's heart heavy. They were keeping my connection with home alive. It was still realistic to tell people, "See you when I come home to visit." Now I don't know what to tell people. When I vacation, I will want to go see my family. Especially now that Kai, Seth, Jefri and my parents are all in the same state. This is a good thing. No more immediate family in CA, however, is not.
   I know I will be able to stay with friends and/or extended family when I come to CA. Having a place to put my suitcase is not really the issue. I don't get much vacation time and like I said, Washington will be vying for my time. Also, it won't be the same knowing that someone (strangers) is going to be living in MY HOUSE! I grew up in that house. There are countless memories that will forever live in that house. I know everyone feels this way at some time or another in their life. It's just....weird.
   I have been keeping this to myself. Partially because I didn't know it was bothering me this much. Partially because I didn't want to make it harder for my parents than it already is. God is in control. He knows what's best. These are the things I keep telling myself.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Sarah, I'm sorry your feeling this way. I am very sentimental myself, I can imagine it must be very hard to experience so much change and saying goodbye to your childhood home. :-( Remember that you will still have a big family in CA that loves you and will always consider you to be a part of us. You're welcome to stay with me if you ever feel so inclined to visit. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always taken great pride in saying I was born in Santa Monica, CA. My father was born in Dinuba, CA. My paternal grandmother was born in Strathmore, CA. Her father was also born in Strathmore as was his father and mother. And, yes, even my great-great-great grandfather was born near Sacramento. I have proudly proclaimed that I am a native Californian to the fifth generation. I have always said that I would be buried in California - my native state. (Note that no one thinks that way anymore.)

    God has an amazing way of reminding us that this world is not our home. We're just a'passin' through. This move to Endicott is one way God wanted to use to remind me of this truth. My native state is heaven where I will finally see my heavenly father face-to-face.

    ReplyDelete