Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Joy

What is joy?
Well, according to webster joy is: 1 a : the emotion evoked by well-being, success, or good fortune or by the prospect of possessing what one desires : delight b : the expression or exhibition of such emotion : gaiety 2 : a state of happiness or felicity : bliss 3 : a source or cause of delight
So does one have to be happy in order to have joy? Can joy only be caused by circumstances? I don't think the Webster definition is the full definition. I think joy comes from the Lord and so no matter what the circumstances around us are we can seek joy in the Lord and find it. These are just some thoughts I was having about the new title of my blog. This journey may not always cause me to have joy but I can find the joy along the way as long as I am seeking the Lord's face. At least that is my opinion. What are your thoughts on the word joy?
Nehemiah 8:10 Then he said to them, “Go your way. Eat the fat and drink sweet wine and send portions to anyone who has nothing ready, for this day is holy to our Lord. And do not be grieved, for the joy of the LORD is your strength.”

No comments:

Post a Comment