Tuesday, December 21, 2010

the simple things

Today I got to sleep in! I needed it very bad and I didn't have to be at work until 4:30PM. SO I decided to let myself rest. Then I was doing laundry and actually found a match for every sock! It felt good to not have to wonder where the missing sock was! haha.
The last few weeks have been busy times filled with baking, crafting, Christmas parties AND birthday parties all with lots and lots and lots and lots (I could keep going) of food!!! My parent's kitchen table is currently FULL of goodies and gifts from my mom's students plus all the stuff we baked the other day. My apartment is also full of many goodies from my students. It was a such a blessing to receive a gift from just about every student this year. They are all so precious! The best gifts are always the ones they make. It warms my heart to hang all of their creations around the house and show them off whenever I have visitors. So fun!
Here are a few little stories to keep you entertained because what kind of blog post would this be if there weren't stories? Let's be real..I mean, I AM a Tribble after all! haha. ;)
Yesterday was an exciting day of crazy occurrences from brainless little me. First I went to work at 4:15am as usual. My manager and I opened the store together and were both a  little slow moving. We chocked it up to being one of those days where you just can't seem to get your act together no matter how much sleep you have been getting recently (which for me is never much). The time went by and we were way less busy then normal because school is out. All of our teacher friends didn't stop in to get their usual pick me up before work. But, none the less, time flew by as usual and it was 8:15am. OFF TIME! ;) So My manager came in from his break and said I could close out my register and then take off. I did just that. In the time it took me to go back, clock out, call my friend and let her know my ETA, then grab my stuff, my manager double checked the schedule. When I was walking out in front of the customers he asked me "So..where ya goin?" I said "Home?" He responded with "oh really? I thought you were off at 9" (In the oh so sarcastic ways he usually does). I decided to check for myself and then responded with "well...CRAP!" He was right. That proceeded to me having to go back to the back, clock BACK in and continue working for another 45 minutes until 9 o clock. We were both on such auto Pilate that it didn't even occur to either of us to I could be off any later then 8:15am because of my school job (which is out for winter break right now). haha..oops!
THEN I went home and changed, grabbed the dog, dropped him off at my parent's house and made my way to the gas station. At the station there were several pumps open. It seemed like a good idea to go to the nearest open pump so I proceeded to number 4. The auto pay machine and I had a randevue of number punching and payment taking. I walked back to the pump and began to pump gas.... at least I thought I had. It took me a little while to look back at the machine and realizing nothing was happening. In the process of stopping and thinking about what had just happened it occurred to me that I apparently I was having a liking for the number 10 because that is the pump number I put in! Instead of 4 which was the pump I was actually at! In a panic I looked around trying to find the number 10! After finding it and realizing it was on the other side of the station i jumped back in to my car and drove over to it. Thank the Lord no one was already there sucking my bank account dry because I probably would have cried! THEN, I was facing the wrong way at the pump so I had to turn around and back in to the space while a gas station attendant was watching me almost run her over. WHO EVER SEES A GAS STATION ATTENDANT IN CALFORNIA?! I mean come on?! After the whole fiasco was over I couldn't help but just start laughing at myself!! Such is the story of my life.
I have many laugh or cry moments and thankfully God has given me a spirit of humor so I can laugh at myself when these things happen instead of get frustrated and cry. Thank you Jesus for this gift of humility and a humbling experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment